RIPOS and RIPOS smart – rotary encoders
A system for exact position, distance, and level measurements – RIPOS und RIPOS smart absolute encoders are well-suited for a variety of water management applications.
With almost 40 years of experience in the development of absolute angle transmitters and rotary encoders, Rittmeyer has extensive know-how in that area. The absolute position is available immediately after power-on. The rotary encoders allow for optimal water management regulation, are vibration-resistant, and work reliably even in harsh environmental conditions. Thanks to their comprehensive backwards compatibility, maximum investment protection is guaranteed. Depending on the type, the encoders differ in the number of inputs and outputs and available communication interfaces.
RIPOS product details
- Measuring range 0 ... 360°/4096 rotations, accuracy ± 0.044°
- Integrated process value calculations (limit values, linearization)
- Cable connection with cable glands
- 1 analog output with HART® (fully implemented)
- 4 digital outputs (optional)
- 1 status output
- Parallel code outputs (BCD, Gray, binary) on up to 22 digital outputs (optional)
RIPOS smart product details
- Measuring range 0 ... 360°/4096 rotations, accuracy ± 0.088°
- Integrated web server for easy configuration and diagnostics
- Integrated remotely accessible data logger
- Comprehensive process value processing (rake operation, interpolation curves, integration)
- Cable connection with plugs (M23, M12)
- 1 analog output
- 4 digital outputs
- 1 status output
- 1 Modbus RTU interface (master + slave)
- 1 Modbus TCP interface (master + slave)
- 1 Ethernet-100BaseT interface
- IEC-60870-5-104 protocol
- Support of several sensors connected via Modbus RTU+TCP
- Heater (optional)
- Determine the sliding gate position of radial, tainter, crest, weir, slide, roller, sluice, lock gates etc.
- Determine the valve position of flap valves, ball valves, shut-off valves, etc.
- Monitor the orientation of sliding gates
- Determine slewing crane positions, drawbridge positions, etc.
- Manage water level and water volume
- Hydropower plants
- Water supply